Everything we do communicates. At the Learning Lab, we respect everyone and honor each other. We believe every student is born with a gift that only they can bring to the world. These values guide our daily decisions.
Respect & Integrity
Empathy & Inclusion
Equity & Diversity
Excellence & Resilience
Courage & Leadership
Connection & Compassion
Inspired by J. Dewey, W. James, P. Freire, I. Schor, and other philosophers.
- We love learning through an experiential, constructive, not passive process, that lasts a lifetime
- We learn best as a community of learners, each bringing our own unique skills & talents.
- A diverse community creates for all a stimulating culture of inquiry and intellectual curiosity.
- We empower students with the tools for self-efficacy, reflection, and self-management.
- Education is student-centered, focused on the whole child and the student directs their intellectual journey
- We learn by doing and leading real world and project-based learning experiences.
- Lab Facilitators and students learn from each other.
- Lab Facilitators or adults never underestimates the knowledge, experiences and words of a child, no matter how young he/she is.
Parent, Outreach Manager for Inside the Outdoors, an environmental education organization administered by OCDE with 20 years of experience in outdoor education.
Anne San Roman
Advisor, Parent & Principal of Fairmont Elementary School with 25 years in public education.
Parent, Co-Founder & Chair of LifOpps, Former Vice President & Financial Controller with 25 years of experience in Finance & Engineering
Supports and provides learning opportunities to Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District.
The mission is to enrich, inspire and engage learners through educational experiences in collaboration with PYLUSD, advocating for 21st-century learning skills: critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
Inside the outdoors
Inside the Outdoors is a unique and hands-on environmental education program serving over 120,000 participants per school year.
The mission is to empower students, teachers, parents, and the community to explore natural areas and expand their knowledge, understanding, and stewardship of the environment through our Virtual Programs for 2021/2022, Field Trips, Traveling Scientist, and Community programs.